SAFARI- PELAGIC ANIMALS, MULTICOLOURED (S100265)
224753Regular price $16.99
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- WELCOME TO THE PELAGIC ZONE: The "pelagic zone" refers to the open ocean, away from the shore and the sea floor. It encompasses the "water column", which is all the water from the ocean's surface to the ocean bottom. This zone is home to a wide range of creatures, from tiny phytoplankton, to the small fish that feed on them, all the way up to apex predators like sharks, tuna and billfish.
- SURFACE TO DEPTHS: The pelagic ecosystem is centered on phytoplankton. These plant-based organisms utilize the sun to generate nourishment through photosynthesis and are fed on by other animals. As the water gets deeper and further from the sun, it becomes darker and colder, pressure increases, and nutrients are in shorter supply. Life becomes less common as depth increases.
- MULTI LEVELS: The pelagic zone is divided into 5 different areas based on depth: the Epipelagic near the surface which receives full sunlight, the Mesopelagic from 660 feet to 3,300 feet which receives some sunlight, the Bathypelagic from 3,300 feet to 13,000 feet which is pitch black, the Abyssopelagic from 13,000 feet to the sea floor, and the Hadopelagic which includes the ocean's deepest trenches.
- ALL THE PELAGIC PALS: These pelagic fish figures are professionally hand-painted and full of scientifically accurate detail! This set includes a wide range of pelagic fish, including a Sailfish, a Swordfish, a Yellowfin Tuna, a Silky Shark, an Oceanic Whitetip Shark, a Great White Shark, a Blue Shark, a Mako Shark, a Whale Shark, and a group of Sardines.
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: 1 1/2 inches long, 1 1/2 inches wide, and 13 inches tall, this TOOB is a little larger than the size of a standard American ruler. It features 10 figures of fish from the pelagic region that range from 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches long. This set includes a range of color, from the silvery sheen of the Sardines to the vibrant blues and yellows of the Tuna and Sailfish.